Academic Credit

Students will receive academic credit from Nanjing University for participation in the direct enrollment semester and from Bryn Mawr College for participation in the internship program, unless prior arrangement has been made with the home institution. Bryn Mawr College awards up to 4.0 units of credit per semester (the equivalent of 16 semester hours) for participation in the Nanjing internship semester.

The following lists the Bryn Mawr College course titles and the corresponding classes students will be taking during the internship semester. Students will learn more about the academic program at Nanjing University during the pre-departure webinar and during the in-country orientation in Nanjing.

CNSE 318/319 Language and Cross-Cultural Communication in the Chinese Professional Setting, 2.0 BMC Units

CNSE 351 Directed Field Study: Internship, 1.0 BMC Unit

Transcripts and Transferring Credit

Each student is responsible for arranging credit transfer to his or her home institution. As each college and university has its own regulations regarding credit transfer, the student should contact his or her home school to determine how much of this credit may be transferred upon completion of the program. We strongly recommend that this be done before the student leaves the United States. There is often a delay between the end of the program and the issue of official transcripts by Nanjing University and Bryn Mawr College. If you are a graduating senior, this delay can cause aggravating problems if arrangements have not been made in advance.

Internship semester transcripts can be ordered online. If after the internship program you would like to request additional transcripts, you must contact Bryn Mawr College. Additional transcripts will be provided free of charge. Transcripts will not be released if the student has financial obligations outstanding. If you have any questions or concerns about your transcripts, please contact the BYU Chinese Flagship Center or American Councils. Do not call the Bryn Mawr Registrar's Office. The Bryn Mawr Registrar’s Office will not be able to assist you with your inquiries.

Internship Verification Letters

The Nanjing Flagship Center will provide only internship verification letters to support academic credit requests. Participant's eligibility to receive internship credit must be determined by the designated faculty advisor at the home institution.